“Kazakhstan should revive its historic role and become the largest business and transit hub of the Central — Asian region, a bridge between Europe and Asia.
As a result of this mega-project by 2020 the volume of transit traffic through Kazakhstan should increase by almost 2-fold with further adjusting it to at least 50 million tons.” (N. A. Nazarbayev)
In order to implement the tasks set by President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the effective use of transit potential, priority measures are:
- Conduct of a flexible tariff policy for transportation of goods in transit through the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, aimed at attracting additional volumes of transit cargoes, the formation of competitive tariff conditions in the highly competitive situation of a with alternative routes and kinds of transport and attraction of additional volumes of transit cargo.
- The development of the border station Dostyk and strengthening of the railway line Aktogay — Dostyk to increase throughput and processing capacity of Dostyk station to 25 million tons by 2015.
- The development of the international railway border crossing Altynkol — Khorgos and an international center of border cooperation and free — economic zone “Khorgos” Eastern Gate, to form a single integrated transport and logistics service and effective development of freight traffic in the transcontinental direction.
- Commissioning of railway lines Zhezkazgan — Saksaulskaya — Beyneu (988 km), Arkalyk — Shubarkol (214 km of railway) to increase the transportation of goods to Europe and the Persian Gulf countries.
- On the basis of “NC “Kazakhstan Temir Zholy” JSC by combining in itself all transport assets (airport, seaport Aktau, ICBC SEZ Khorgos), using the experience of leading global logistics companies, there has been created a national
multi-modaloperator, which should be the regulator of cargo traffic for loading of transport infrastructure and providing quality service (speed, service, cost, stability, safety), aimed at improving the efficiency and competitiveness of the Kazakh transport corridors.
- Organization of container trains on the transcontinental routes on a regular basis according to the approved solid schedules following the principle of “just on time”.
- Expansion of the sphere of influence of “NC “Kazakhstan Temir Zholy” JSC in the market of container (
multi-modal) transportation in a strategic partnership with the major logistics companies of China and Europe.
- Creation of internal and external terminal networks to consolidate and increase the quality and speed of terminal cargo handling.